Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer, HERE WE COME!!!

On May 27th, Mrs. Morey (who teaches only AM kindergarten) had an end-of-year picnic at Brookschool Park. We brought our own food and Nicholas was able to play with his classmates, then Mrs. Morey had a graduation ceremony for the kids. Nicholas was last (although one of three “W”’s!) and they all seemed so proud of their accomplishments! Here are a few pictures from the ceremony:


Nicholas gets his Diploma


Mrs. Morey talking to her class


Nicholas with his friend, Sarah

Nicholas & Mrs. Morey

So, the school year is over and our sweet Kindergartener is now a big 1st grader! I can hardly believe how quickly the year has gone. Nicholas really grew under Mrs. Morey’s watchful eye—he now reads and loves math. He’s matured, too—in some ways better than others—but overall, our boy has grown up a lot! Here is a picture from Nicholas' first day of school, back in August 2008, and one of him on his last day of school a few weeks ago; he looks more grown up to me now:
August 11, 2008                                                               May 28, 2009


I know I’ve mentioned it before, but she’s just so good that it stands to be brought up again. MRS. MOREY IS THE BEST TEACHER EVER! Nicholas was SO blessed to have Mrs. Morey for his teacher this year—she’s kind and loving and treats our son with such love and compassion! The first few weeks proved to be a tough adjustment for Nicholas; the way Mrs. Morey eased him into it loved him through it all won us over immediately. I say Nicholas was blessed to have Mrs. Morey but it was really a blessing to our entire family—it made the transition so much easier on us all! When I told Nicholas that we should buy Mrs. Morey something nice to give her for the end of the year, I asked him what he thought he would like to do for her. He replied, “Oh, how about a nice ring or something?” I told him that wouldn’t be super easy to get for her but we could try to find a necklace (he’s really good at picking out jewelry, as evidenced by both his grandmother’s birthday necklaces!). Here is the necklace he picked for Mrs. Morey—I took a picture because I thought it was so appropriate—he didn’t even know what a great choice he made!


Last but certainly not least, Paige’s last day of school was on May 28th, as well. She picked out some very colorful flowers for her teacher, Mrs. Gue, who has also been an excellent teacher this year! We’re hoping that there is a chance Mrs. Gue will “move up” with her class and also be Paige’s teacher this next year, which will be Paige’s last year of preschool. Here is Paige with her beautiful bouquet—a bouquet that completely exhibits her personality; I’m sure Mrs. Gue would agree!!


No comments: