Our sweet first born turned 5 last week. Looking back, I can hardly believe he's been in our family for 5 years, yet I can't remember life without him. He has been such a blessing--both our kids have been--we got some good ones!
So, Nicholas' birthday was March 13th, last Thursday. We celebrated with Aunt Jeanne, Luke and Kate on Thursday night by eating a store-bought cake and opening presents from mom and dad, Monna and Pa-pop and Uncle Jason and Aunt Anne. Friday morning Nicholas took cupcakes to preschool to celebrate with his class. Saturday was the BIG party! The day started with Uncle Jason Wiard and Grandpa & Grandma Wiard and Uncle Joe arriving from Michigan. Paige got a bloody nose--her third since the night before and when she got her 4th, I decided to call the nurse on call and see what we should do. About an hour before Nicholas' party, Brian and his brother, Jason, took Paige to immediate care. That left Jeanne and I to hose a party with EIGHTEEN 5-YEAR-OLDS . . . I'll leave it up to you to decide if I'm brave or just plain stupid. ANYWAY! The party went great--the kids were all VERY well behaved, and two of my good friends, Holly & Julie, stuck around to help us out. Nicholas had a great time--there is a little slide-show of his parties below. Uncle Joe was kind enough to take pictures for me since Brian was gone--otherwise I'd have no pictoral record of the day! After everyone left, I looked out the window and there was my brother and niece walking up the front walk (my sister-in-law was a ways behind--waddling her 8-months-pregnant waddle!). They had been in Ohio at a funeral and decided to surprise us on their way through Indy! That was a nice surprise for me--my niece, sweet Abby Rae, is my heart! Oh, and Paige is fine--the Dr. thought maybe she had allergies and the dry air was aggrevating them and causing her nose to bleed. We've run a humidifier in her room every since and have been bloody-nose free for a week now! :)
I've been working a lot . . . but feel guilty because it doesn't seem like it's enough--we're done a person this busy season and it's been hard to make any headway in our stack of tax returns that need to be done. I try not to stress out and to put my time in, but when I'm not working I feel like I should be. One of the perils of working from home, I suppose.
Tomorrow morning we're heading up to MI to celebrate Easter with Brian's family. The kids are SUPER psyched about it--so much so that I got reprimanded for us not going up tonight. I just passed the blame onto Daddy (which is the truth--he wants to stay home and relax tonight and just get an early start in the morning) so they stopped bugging me about it. The Wiard's do it up right on Easter and we always enjoy the day of Easter baskets, egg hunts and lots and lots of food. It's hard for me having to travel every holiday, but I suppose that's what we get if we want to spend them with our family's.
Last thing, just because Paige needs a mention! Paige and I went and got pedicures today while Nicholas was in school! She really just had her nails (hands and feet) painted--I got the pedicure. Little priss did really well--the girl who did her nails was SO sweet (and patient--keep in mind that Poo is only 3 1/2!) and even gave her little flowers on her big toes and thumb nails! I took a picture with my cell phone so I'll put that up, as well!!
Happy Easter everyone! HE IS RISEN!!
jjw
So, Nicholas' birthday was March 13th, last Thursday. We celebrated with Aunt Jeanne, Luke and Kate on Thursday night by eating a store-bought cake and opening presents from mom and dad, Monna and Pa-pop and Uncle Jason and Aunt Anne. Friday morning Nicholas took cupcakes to preschool to celebrate with his class. Saturday was the BIG party! The day started with Uncle Jason Wiard and Grandpa & Grandma Wiard and Uncle Joe arriving from Michigan. Paige got a bloody nose--her third since the night before and when she got her 4th, I decided to call the nurse on call and see what we should do. About an hour before Nicholas' party, Brian and his brother, Jason, took Paige to immediate care. That left Jeanne and I to hose a party with EIGHTEEN 5-YEAR-OLDS . . . I'll leave it up to you to decide if I'm brave or just plain stupid. ANYWAY! The party went great--the kids were all VERY well behaved, and two of my good friends, Holly & Julie, stuck around to help us out. Nicholas had a great time--there is a little slide-show of his parties below. Uncle Joe was kind enough to take pictures for me since Brian was gone--otherwise I'd have no pictoral record of the day! After everyone left, I looked out the window and there was my brother and niece walking up the front walk (my sister-in-law was a ways behind--waddling her 8-months-pregnant waddle!). They had been in Ohio at a funeral and decided to surprise us on their way through Indy! That was a nice surprise for me--my niece, sweet Abby Rae, is my heart! Oh, and Paige is fine--the Dr. thought maybe she had allergies and the dry air was aggrevating them and causing her nose to bleed. We've run a humidifier in her room every since and have been bloody-nose free for a week now! :)
I've been working a lot . . . but feel guilty because it doesn't seem like it's enough--we're done a person this busy season and it's been hard to make any headway in our stack of tax returns that need to be done. I try not to stress out and to put my time in, but when I'm not working I feel like I should be. One of the perils of working from home, I suppose.
Tomorrow morning we're heading up to MI to celebrate Easter with Brian's family. The kids are SUPER psyched about it--so much so that I got reprimanded for us not going up tonight. I just passed the blame onto Daddy (which is the truth--he wants to stay home and relax tonight and just get an early start in the morning) so they stopped bugging me about it. The Wiard's do it up right on Easter and we always enjoy the day of Easter baskets, egg hunts and lots and lots of food. It's hard for me having to travel every holiday, but I suppose that's what we get if we want to spend them with our family's.
Last thing, just because Paige needs a mention! Paige and I went and got pedicures today while Nicholas was in school! She really just had her nails (hands and feet) painted--I got the pedicure. Little priss did really well--the girl who did her nails was SO sweet (and patient--keep in mind that Poo is only 3 1/2!) and even gave her little flowers on her big toes and thumb nails! I took a picture with my cell phone so I'll put that up, as well!!
Happy Easter everyone! HE IS RISEN!!
jjw
No comments:
Post a Comment