Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Surviving Winter!

Well, we're surviving, but barely! We got a huge ice storm last night--I can barely get the dog's chain defrosted long enough to put him on it--yet Nicholas is in shorts and a t-shirt today and praying for summer. I have always liked winter--I think mostly for the bulkier clothes on my bulky body--but I'm starting to like the warmer months MUCH better. The kids have more fun playing outside and it really makes a difference being cooped up in the house. Not that we don't get out, but it's a little different when it's cold out and we have to bundle up just to run into the store. The good news is they have lots to do inside--whether it is playing with their toys, watching a movie (our newest is 101 Dalmations, picked up yesterday) or coloring, they do it all.

I have been working part-time on tax returns again this year, which I LOVE! You'd think I'd have all the time in the world since there is nothing to do outside, but turns out the kids actually NEED me a lot! :) I am able to get in about 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon and that is about it--but still OK. It's nice to work my brain and I like that I contribute to our financial well-being, if only a small portion.

I wish I had more to say--I just wanted to get an inital post on here. I know the site is sparse but we'll get more on it soon. I'm hoping Brian will feel free to add his own comments on here, as well--it seems pretty user-friendly--a lot of our friends are on it with their family sites, as well.

Happy Wednesday!
jjw

No comments: