

I need to spend a little time on Paige while I'm writing--these kids are like night and day! Paige had her first day of preschool last week and barely looked at me to tell me good-bye! Her teacher is Mrs. Gue (pronounced like "Cue" with a "G") and is a very nice lady. Her husband is on staff at the Fall Creek Wesleyan Church where Paige attends school and I already feel like she genuinely loves my child! Paige likes her class--she goes on Tuesday and Thursday and seems to really enjoy her time there. She takes naps at school and still manages to fall asleep by 8:30PM those days so they must be keeping our little princess busy! I have enjoyed the daily updates that Mrs. Gue sends home and also Paige's creative artwork--on display on the fridge whether I want them there or not!
Paige went with me to the eye doctor last week and she was SO crazy! She was entertaining the waiting room--two elderly women were sitting next to us and gave Paige the captive audience she demands. She put on some of my lip gloss and kept trying to pucker her lips; she wanted me to take her picture and I just happened to have my camera in my purse so I complied. Then, after the exam (she did really well waiting for me--but didn't like the lights being turned down for the Dr. to test my vision on the eye charts), she was SO bored waiting for me to pick out my frames. There was a whole kid's section and finally I agreed to let her try on the Hannah Montana frames--what a nut! I put some of the pictures I took that day and put together a little collage--The Many Faces of Princess Paige:
Lastly but not least, we've had some additions to our family! The week before school, I took the kids to PetSmart and they each picked out a new fish (they think they are theirs but you know they're mine ... I love fish!). We got Bettas; Nicholas picked out a boy--Spiderman and Paige picked out a girl--Ariel. We took them home and from the start both were very active and interesting. Eventually Ariel stopped eating and, after joining a Betta chat room (I know ... feel free to make fun of me!) I diagnosed her with "Dropsy" and she died shortly thereafter. Paige was only concerned long enough to ask if she could get another one, so no harm done! PetSmart guarantees their fish for 14 days, and we were at about day 8, so off we went and picked out another one--this time a boy named Jasmine (Princess P needs to stay with her theme, even if doesn't match the gender!). Jasmine has been fun--he's adapting well and has finally started to eat (we'll have had him for a week tomorrow). They're fun but more work than I'd like ... regardless, I enjoy them and I'll do the extra work! The kids have pretty much forgotten about them at this point--except to show their friends or cousin about them. Here are a few pictures because I'm obsessed with them!!!!
Spiderman:
Jasmine:

1 comment:
We are glad to hear Nicholas made it through his first week. It can be tough. Sounds like Paige is a lot like her Mommy:) Hang in there Nicholas, it will get better each week!
Post a Comment