Sunday, November 30, 2008

So much for which to be thankful!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year with Brian's family in Sturgis, MI! We drove up Wednesday afternoon ... we made a pit stop at the Outlet Malls in Freemont, IN (great deals) and then drove the other 1/2 hour to Dick & Marcia's house, getting in about 10 minutes after Jay and his family. Jeanne and I decided to make our Thanksgiving dishes ahead of time so the Wiard "boys" played on the computers and watched the kids ... more playing than watching but isn't that what Grandma is for?!? Anyway, the next day we had TONS of family in the house ... it's almost easier to name who wasn't there than it is to name who was. Lots of food and conversation ... although I am an introvert by nature (seriously), it's not hard to be social with this family. We had such a good time with everyone ... so thankful for this family!



(Crazy Wiard kids ... even Kate got in on the action!)

Sadly, Jason and Jeanne left to go back to Swartz Creek on Thursday night and they took their kids with them. Nicholas had gone home with Josh and Cassie earlier that afternoon and was spending the night with his cousins, so Paige was on her own. She actually cried at not having her brother to play with, but when Brian pointed out that she would get to make all her major decisions without him (such as which movie to watch!) she quickly came out of it. She loved having her Grandma to herself and we woke up Friday morning to Paige singing at the top of her lungs in the Living Room. When I went in, I saw Paige sitting in the wooden rocker in the middle of the room, rocking and singing her heart out while Marcia snoozed in a nearby recliner! Paige doesn't care if her audience is awake, just as long as she has one!!

That night, Brian, Paige and I joined Nicholas at Josh & Cassie's for dinner. Cassie made us pizza and me and the kids spent the evening trying to convince Brian to let us take home one of the kittens that were born in their barn in the early fall. Nicholas named her Lucy but I called her "Chi Chi" (this is what I'll name our next dog--she'll fit in my purse) and she obviously favored my sweet boy over the rest of us. Brian didn't relent so we had to say goodbye to the very sweet and docile cat. I've decided that I'll literally rub the cat in Brian's face next time to make sure Brian is still allergic before I let him veto it! I'd have the cat now if the kids would have let me trade Brian for her ... lucky for him they love their dad more than they love cats! :)


(The two "Elmyra's" of the family ... this cat even liked US!)



(Ethan and Nicholas while playing on Webkinz.com and he and Paige just before we left)


(all four kids ... and Nicholas with the kitty ... she really favored him!)

We were all glad to be back in our own home when we got here yesterday, but really had a wonderful Holiday. We have SO much for which to be thankful ... family, friends, food, shelter, clothing and an amazing Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can possibly imagine--and the freedom to worship Him--that's a big one!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: