Friday, July 18, 2008

My dad ...

Well, my dad has managed to get into the hospital ... again! This time due to a motorcycle accident on his way from Denver to Colorado Springs this morning. I had a message from my mom on my cell phone around noon and wasn't able to get a hold of her when I checked the messages about an hour later. Thank goodness that she knows me well enough to know that I would be worried sick if she didn't give me SOME details in her message--which were limited as she was enroute to Colorado Springs when she called. I finally had a chance to talk to her (my Great Uncle Dale called to update me earlier so I wasn't completely in the dark!) so this is what I found out: Dad was exiting off the highway and the exit curved pretty sharp. While he was trying to brake to get a handle on it, his brakes locked up; he managed to slow down to about 35 mph when he hit the curb, flew off the bike and rolled. Dad has 5 broken ribs, his shoulder is bruised pretty badly (he landed on it) and his elbows are both scraped up. My mom said his helmet is also pretty scraped up--I'm just glad he was wearing one--I figured he would have been since he was traveling on the highway but nothing he does surprises me anymore!! :)

So, in honor of my father, who has managed to stay alive through yet another potentially life-threatening ordeal (3rd time in less than a year) here are a few pictures of him and his grandkids--which are quite possibly the biggest reason he wants to STAY alive!! I LOVE YOU, DAD!!

No comments: