Easter was really low-key in the Wiard house this year! We had been in Farmington Hills the weekend before for Jon's birthday and Jason's ordination, so it was a weekend most practically spent at home as it was the last weekend of tax season. The kids got up and searched for their Easter Baskets ... they weren't really into the "hunt"! I'm not sure about other homes, but in my home growing up, the Easter Bunny always hid mine and Jason's baskets--that was part of the fun! Nicholas and Paige kind of milled around the family room, where Brian and I were sitting, and when they didn't see their Easter Baskets right away, they seemed stumped! With a little prodding, Nicholas found his basket in the laundry room, and Paige found hers in the living room by the piano. The Easter Bunny really scaled down this year--no need for those plastic "overflow" baskets that he often uses (GOOD JOB, EASTER BUNNY!)--but the kids were thrilled, nonetheless. We had fun going through the baskets--it's a grand tradition--and I'm proud to say that, when asked "Why do we celebrate Easter?" our kids answer, "Because Jesus died for our sins and rose again" without skipping a beat. What parent wouldn't be proud?!?
.JPG)
.JPG)
After church (our church is very casual--a benefit from a monetary standpoint but disappointing form a dressing-up-for-Easter one!) our neighbors, Brad & Holly, came over with their girls, Sophie & Molly, for lunch. Brian and I put a ham in the crockpot before church and I made the Miller family traditional Sweet Dressing. Holly brought greenbean casserole and Mac & Cheese and we had a nice feast for lunch. Afterwards, Holly and I filled eggs and Brian and Brad hid them--just our front yards. The kids were rewarded with jelly beans and money--we had to deter the older kids a few times so Molly could get her fill! It was such a fun day--Brad & Holly are just like family to us so it was the next best thing to being up in Sturgis, searching for Easter Eggs in Ron & JoLynn's yard!
After church (our church is very casual--a benefit from a monetary standpoint but disappointing form a dressing-up-for-Easter one!) our neighbors, Brad & Holly, came over with their girls, Sophie & Molly, for lunch. Brian and I put a ham in the crockpot before church and I made the Miller family traditional Sweet Dressing. Holly brought greenbean casserole and Mac & Cheese and we had a nice feast for lunch. Afterwards, Holly and I filled eggs and Brian and Brad hid them--just our front yards. The kids were rewarded with jelly beans and money--we had to deter the older kids a few times so Molly could get her fill! It was such a fun day--Brad & Holly are just like family to us so it was the next best thing to being up in Sturgis, searching for Easter Eggs in Ron & JoLynn's yard!
No comments:
Post a Comment