Friday, May 8, 2009

Easily amused (just like their mother!)

So, on CINCO DE MAYO, my kids were outside playing with our neighbors, as they often do. Holly had opened up the back of her van and the kids might as well have been at an amusement park! They literally played in that van for over an hour--and Holly and I got to chit-chat for over an hour, with minimal interuptions!



I love how kids can be so easily amused--just opening the car door can make them SO happy! I'm pretty easily amused, but it's not quite like it is for the kids. When do we loose that ability to be so easily contented with small things? And by small, I don't mean insignificant ... as I write, I think about the times Paige will try to hug me and I push her away because I'm in the middle of making dinner, or when Nicholas tries to chat and cuddle with me on the couch but I'm really into the show I'm watching so I can be bothered. Those are significant things--things I should "amused" by--things that should add to my contentedness. I LOVE those "small" things from my kids, and I don't want to take them for granted. Who knew by playing "car" the kids would teach me a lesson and remind me to cherish those I hold dear.

No comments: