Friday, May 8, 2009

Wii Sing It: High School Musical 3

We're not serious gamers here in the Wiard household, but anytime we're at the store (Wal-mart, Meijer, Target, etc.), we walk through the video game aisles--specifically Nintendo DS and Wii games. Last week, Paige and I were at Target; we were taking our game aisle pass through when we came upon this game for the Wii called "Sing It". This particular one has all the High School Musical songs--from ALL THREE MOVIES!! It's basically Karaoke for the Wii--you get points for how well you do--there are levels to choose from (Easy, Regular & Hard)--and you can even choose which part you want to sing. The game came with a microphone that plugs into the back of the Wii console. For $30, I thought it was a bargain--but you know me: any excuse to spend money!! ANYWAY! The kids love it--and, much to my surprise, they're really good at it! Here's Nicholas getting his song on ... and a screen shot of Troy & Gabriella:



Not that Nicholas isn't good, but Paige is a superstar! I was a little surprised at how well she did. Every time Nicholas sings, Paige wants to sing the same song ... and beats him! At first I thought maybe it was because she knew more words than I thought (we weren't completely clear on how you earned points--words, tune, rhythm, whatever) but I soon realized it's because the girl can carry a tune! She really does know more words than we realized (we shouldn't be surprised--we have the soundtracks to all three movies and she listens to each) but a lot of times she's just mumbling--she knows the melody and is singing it on key so she earns points! Here she is regaling us with her HSM singing talent, and a screen shot of Sharpay and Ryan singing "Bop to the Top":



If you know me at all, and I'm guessing you do since you're reading my blog, you know that I love music and LOVE the High School Music movies! I LOVE THIS GAME! I'm SOOOOOO good at it. I can't even be modest. I ROCK! Here I am working some musical magic, and rocking the kids' worlds ... that's me that has over 1 million points!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

NCThorps said...

I LOVE it! Paige the superstar in her spotlight!! I'm linking your blog to mine so I can stay up to date on those crazt Wiard's!! PS Victor say hello! ;)