Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's official!

It about killed us ("us" being me and Jeanne ... for some reason the Wiard brothers didn't care so much about the surprises) but the kids officially know ALL the details of the Disney trip! Jay and Jeanne were supposed to meet us at the hotel around 7:30 last night, but somewhere in Tennessee (before our IN/MI routes converged) they had to detour off of I-75 due to a rockslide that did a lot of damage to the interstate. The detour was just about 20 miles of the highway, but cost them 2 hours of travel time!! By the time they arrived at our hotel it was after 9:30 so we agreed we would wait until this morning.

I was awake for good at 5:30 am, but woke up just about every hour starting at 2:30 ... I know, I'm worse than the kids! Our family was all up and showered by 7:30 and headed in to have breakfast. Jeanne and I texted back and forth and agreed that the potential for a noisy reunion was pretty great so the lobby/breakfast room was probably the best place for it. I tried to get it all on video but it's hard to tape when you're a.) trying to be inconspicuous, and b.) GIDDY with excitement!!! The video is below ... you'll see Jay and Jeanne and the kids walk in, and I hear me tell my kids to look at the door. Of course I missed getting Nicholas' face on camera when he realized what was going on, but I did see it and wish I had the lens focused on him!! Here it is:

YouTube Video


So! Now we're caravanning for the next six hours down to the stomping grounds of my youth: central Florida!! We have Kate and Paige with us and Nick and Luke are following in the van with Jay and Jeanne. Let the fun begin!!!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: