Sunday, May 6, 2012

Nick's Baseball Game

Betcha thought I had forgotten about this blog, huh?!?  Sorry ... I'm back and will be trying to post weekly--whether I have anything to say or not!! 

The baseball season has once again begun, and Nicholas has had two games so far (he would have had more, but a few were rained out). This year his team is the Oakland A's, which has a few 4th graders but mostly has 3rd graders, like Nick.   He also has the same coach as last year, Terry, who is WONDERFUL--not only with the boys as their coach, but a great example of a good sport!   Terry was able to "draft" several of the boys from his team last year, the Red Sox, the team that won the championship last year!   He mentioned to Brian and I at the beginning of the season that he didn't think we'd have a repeat of last year since we've moved up into the 3/4th grades teams and our team is so young, but the A's have won both games they've played so far! Here are a few pictures ...

Standing ready on third base


On third base ... almost got the player out!

Running to third base (his coach calls him "Nick the Quick")!

Being goofy ... he gets this from his father (obviously!)

Nick didn't strike out at all during this game ... he walked one time and had base hits the other two!

Out on second base!  Dangit!

"Good game, good game, good game ...."

Quick team talk after the game

No comments: